“You know how the, what are they called, homeboys look at you and I’m like OH MY GOD…” she prattles on. Now usually I have the patience of a Saint but something about the way this girl tells stories causes me to drift like Nor'easter snow in gale force winds. Coupled with the fact that I never know what the fuck she’s talking about; well, it makes for some grueling phone conversations.
To lessen the pain I agree with everything she says. Because, really, I don’t care to hear exactly what is meant by “You know when you eat celery it’s like, you know what it’s like”. Huh!?! Inevitably I answer in the affirmative because I know that no matter what she is talking about once she gets it off her chest I’m free to go about my comparably uneventful, yet somehow way more fulfilling, life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment